We are seeking an experienced Senior Analyst for our labor and employment practice group in Downtown Los Angeles that places heavy emphasis on the use of complex data analysis, statistics, sampling, and survey research. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional empirical skills, and a genuine interest in rigorous data analysis & computing in a fast-paced setting of litigation consulting. Senior Analysts work as part of a team on challenging and high-profile projects in a collegial work environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- MA or BA in Statistics, Data Science, Survey Research, Economics or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience working with large, messy and/or complex data.
- Ability to work in SAS and/or Stata. Experience with other analytical software is a plus.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical skills.
- Ability to apply statistical of statistical concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with data presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; dedicated to seeing projects through to the completion.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines, as well as on nights & weekends upon request.
- Strong commitment to accuracy and quality work product.
- Conduct research and analysis projects in a timely fashion with minimal supervision.
- Construct & manage large databases, and perform data cleaning & analysis primarily in SAS and/or Stata.
- Conduct independent data and statistical analysis utilizing a combination of Excel, SAS, R, STATA, Python, and SQL.
- Collect, manage, and review discovery documents.
- Independently gather data from publicly available sources.
- Make clear presentations, and prepare written memoranda of analyses & findings. These include quantitative analyses; data summaries and investigations; and identification and summary of relevant issues from discovery documents, deposition testimony, academic literature, and public documents & data.
- Check accuracy of work product.
- Assist in report/exhibit creation.
- Undertake fact checking/backup preparation for reports/exhibits.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior staff.
Econ One offers an extremely competitive salary with an annual bonus and excellent benefits, which include healthcare, dental, life, and disability insurance paid 100% by employer, 401(k) plan with a generous employer match, and flexible spending accounts.