Econ One provides economic and statistics research, consulting, and expert testimony in litigation matters involving antitrust, class action, false claims, finance, health economics, intellectual property, labor and employment, and other commercial disputes where economic reasoning and analysis are particularly well-suited to addressing core questions. Our in-house expertise in applied economic theory, econometrics, statistics, and data management is coupled with decades of experience successfully dealing with the specific demands of the litigation process.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Analyst for our Downtown Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional empirical skills; and an interest in the rigorous application of economics, statistics, and computing in the fast-paced setting of litigation consulting. Senior Analysts work as part of a team on challenging and high-profile projects in a collegial work environment.
Education and experience
- Position requires a Master’s degree in economics or a related discipline with some relevant work experience, or
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or a related discipline with significant relevant work experience.
- Technical skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and is able to apply, intermediate economic and econometric tools such as nonlinear regression analysis, price indexes, market concentration measures, etc.
- Programs at an advanced level in SAS and/or Stata; analyzes data with minimal instruction.
- Identifies sensitivity of opposing experts’ analyses (including econometric models) to relevant parameters and suggests responsive analyses.
- Litigation and research skills
- Reviews case materials (e.g., pleadings, rulings) and is able to identify relevant issues and potential discrete research projects.
- Assumes responsibility for control of case files (electronic and hard copy documents and work product).
- Supervises and performs higher-level review and analysis of claims in opposing experts’ reports.
- Takes the lead in developing discovery requests; participates in and documents meet-and-confer processes; identifies deficiencies in data productions.
- Communication skills
- Assists in drafting final work product (e.g., writes/reviews/edits sections of reports/appendices, designs exhibits).
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct client communications in a clear, professional, and accurate fashion.
- Interprets the results of quantitative and qualitative analyses and presents conclusions, both orally and in written form, to senior staff.
- Develops valuable areas of expertise or specialization.
- Designs, manages, and becomes an “expert” on discrete projects within the case.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of those projects and is able to offer opinions and conclusions about them (i.e., takes ownership).
- Directs and reviews the work of other analyst staff in conjunction with senior level staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the skill set development of other analyst staff.
Econ One offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and excellent benefits, which include employer-paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with a generous employer match, and flexible spending accounts.